Seldons
Log In Not yet a member? Register

Features

2
1
1
  • Modern Ground Floor Apartment
  • 40% Shared Ownership
  • Lounge/Diner
  • Two Double Bedrooms
  • Modern Bathroom
  • uPVC Double Glazing
  • Gas Central Heating
  • Garden
  • Off Road Permit Parking

Summary

FIXED PRICE. Get onto the property ladder with a 40% share of this surprisingly spacious 2 bedroom, ground floor apartment. Located in a quiet cul-de-sac and well presented throughout. It boasts its own entrance, parking and private rear garden. EPC C

Full Description

55 Union Close occupies a convenient and quiet cul-de-sac location within close proximity of Bideford Town Centre and all other everyday amenities. It is particularly well placed for West Croft Primary School. Built in 2008 this home offers spacious accommodation throughout to include a lounge/diner, well equipped Kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a large family Bathroom. The property benefits from uPVC double glazing and gas fired central heating throughout, a low maintenance rear garden and parking.

Situated on the banks of the Torridge Estuary, the active port and market town of Bideford offers a wide range of national and local shopping, banking and recreational facilities together with its historic Pannier Market offering local fresh produce together with local art and craft stalls. Nearby villages include Northam, with the Burrows Country Park offering many attractive walks and stunning vistas, together with Appledore, famous for its pretty winding streets and Quayside overlooking the Estuary across to Instow, and Westward Ho! with its long sandy beaches and championship Golf Course. The Tarka Trail being popular with cyclists and walkers alike. The A39 North Devon Link Road provides access to the regional centre of Barnstaple, approximately 9 miles distant, and beyond to the national motorway network.

FOR ALL APPROX MEASUREMENTS SEE FLOOR PLAN
Front door opening into Reception Hall: Doors to all rooms and useful airing cupboard with slatted shelves.
Lounge/Diner: A spacious room with an attractive electric feature fire and double doors to the rear garden.
Kitchen: Well equipped with modern beech effect floor and wall cabinets, contrasting worksurfaces, inset 1.5 bowl stainless sink, built-in electric double oven, gas hob with extractor canopy over and stainless steel splashback, integrated washer/dryer and space for a tall fridge/freezer.
Bedroom 1: Double room with window to front elevation and wardrobe recess
Bedroom 2: Double room with window to rear elevation.
Bathroom: A very spacious room with modern white 3-piece suite comprising panelled bath with electric shower over, low level dual flush WC and pedestal wash hand basin. Extensive wall tiling to dado height.

OUTSIDE: The property is approached by a footpath from the residents' parking area. To the rear the property is a private garden approximately 7.2m x 3.2m laid to patio and chippings for easy maintenance.

PART BUY: The price is for 40% of the property's value, the remainder being owned by Devon & Cornwall Housing. There is a rent to pay to DCH for their remaining 60% share which will be £218.70 per month for 2018. Buyers will be need to be assessed by DCH upon offering the asking price. The property can only be occupied by the owner. Staircasing to 100% Leasehold is available.
TENURE: Leasehold, remaining balance of a 199 year lease from 11/01/2008.
ANNUAL MAINTENANCE CHARGE: £127.73 per month is currently payable to cover maintenance of the communal areas, including one parking permit and one visitors permit.
SERVICES: Mains water, gas, drainage and electricity
LOCAL AUTHORITY: Torridge District Council - Band B.

DIRECTIONS: From Bideford Quay proceed up the High Street and turn left at the top and continue into Old Town. Arriving at the 'T' junction proceed straight across into Clovelly Road and take the first left into Union Close. After passing West Croft Court the car park will be found on the left marked Union Close nos 33-67. The front door is on the right adjacent to no. 53.

Viewing
Please contact us on 01237 477997 if you wish to arrange a viewing appointment for this property, or require further information.

Energy Performance Certificate
Click here to view the Energy Efficiency Rating and Environmental Impact Rating for this property.

Disclaimer
Seldons endeavour to maintain accurate depictions of properties in Virtual Tours, Floor Plans and descriptions, however, these are intended only as a guide and purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection.

  • Save Delete
  • Street view
  • Map
  • Print
    Print Options
    Download the following document(s) Document 1
    Or
    Brief Printer friendly version (saves your ink!)
  • Brochure
  • EPC
  • Floor Plan
IE8 Alert! Cookie Alert!

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a modern web browser. More info